What happened to sitting at the fireplace drinking hot chocolate? What happened to waking up early Christmas morning to open presents? What happened to staying in all warm and cozy under the christmas tree? What happened to writing Santa wish lists and leaving them under the tree? What happened to celebrating Christmas…together?
Maybe I can make my list…I haven’t done this in years…here goes:
- I want a polaroid…one that’s cute and small, so I can take photos of everything and give pictures to all.
- I want a gift from someone special, someone I hold dear to heart, as a promise that maybe we’ll never part.
- I want quality time with the people I love, to make memories to replay in our heads during the times where we are a little far apart.
- I want a reminder of how much I am loved, to read and reread during dark times where all I see are clouds above.
- I want a warm hug from someone taller than me so I feel safe and secure, and so I’ll forget my doubts and regrets and fears.
- I want a photograph of the people I love so that they will always be by my side, even when I think they are not.
- I want gifts to give to my friends to remind them they are loved, maybe even for the ones who have left to the big city above.
- I want moments to treasure with the one I love to remind me to hold in my heart, and never give up and run up above.
- I want to see everyone’s faces lighten with happiness and joy.
- I want to celebrate this season…maybe just us.